A Brief Overview of Rose Care for the Spring
Did you miss anything in the
* Begin a rose diary.
* Plant bare root roses.
* Prune roses end of month.
* Do first spray after pruning. Let dry and recover roses well to protect from late freezes.
* Soil amendments may be added.
* Apply organic fertilizer.
* Clean up all debris.
* Complete pruning early in the month.
* Apply fertilizer on established bushes.
* Add soil amendments if not already done.
* Begin spray program.
* Water if we have less than one inch rain per week.
* Continue spray program.
* Disbud for one bloom per stem.
* Make sure roses have 1″ of water or rain per week.
* Apply extra water and liquid fertilizer if roses are to be
shown at a rose show.
Looking forward to summer chores? see what those include this Summer.